The Poultry Association of Nigeria, Ogun State (PANOG) is a non-governmental association of Poultry Operators in Ogun State. It represents the entire poultry industry, serving the interest of broiler, egg and chick producers, and allied companies of the poultry industry. PANOG encourages communication between the industry and government to keep policymakers informed of the industry concerns and requirements. It also works to ensure that relevant governments’ and the association’s regulations for the industry are adhered to by all.
Our vision is to be a famous trade group promoting the interest of members.
To promote poultry business and poultry products amongst the populace. Also protection of Poultry Farmers/Industry from adverse legislation, policies, aggression and initiating industry friendly policies and legislation
The Objectives of the Association
- To establish and maintain a State, non-governmental organization in Ogun State by embracing the various specialized sectors of the Poultry Industry, so that these sectors and their members can cooperate effectively for the development of the Poultry Industry.
- To co-ordinate the views, aims and efforts of the poultry operators in the interest of the whole Poultry Industry in the state.
- To advance all matters tending towards the improvement of the poultry industry in the state by embracing and coordinating the objectives of the various sectors of the poultry (egg, broiler, chicks etc.) and in particular by:
- Protection of the Poultry Industry from adverse legislation, policies and other aggression by initiating, fostering and assisting in obtaining legislative policies and regulation beneficial to the State Poultry Industry.
- Encouragement of Poultry education, conducting and/or assisting in investigative work of a practical and scientific nature and organization of seminars and courses.
- Publishing literatures, pamphlets, newsletters, circulars, dealing with the matters pertaining to the poultry industry and conducting propaganda on behalf of the industry.
- Dealing with any matter which may be in the interest of the industry, the Association and its members, determining and implementing long term plan for the industry.
- Acting as arbitrator in the settlement of any dispute in the interest of members which may arise in any matter pertaining to the poultry industry.
- Providing marketing and management information through the publicity of the regular Newsletter, Journal, pamphlet and circular dealing with all matters pertaining to the Poultry Industry.
- Increasing demand for Poultry products through marketing promotion.
- Shall ensure that all Poultry Farm with a stock of fifty (50) birds and above are coordinated into a single Poultry Association.